Posts Tagged Connecticut Health Foundation
Elizabeth Myung Sook Krause and I were on the same panel at the Grantmakers in Health annual meeting last month, and she began with typical self-deprecating humor.
“Being young and Asian, I know I’m supposed to be good with technology, but I’m really not,” she said, mentioning the decidedly low-tech cell phone she had just replaced. She got a nice laugh, but the truth is—technical or not—she is serving as program officer on the kind of social media project that will shape the new face of philanthropy. And, fittingly, she now possesses a shiny new iPhone.
Krause, a senior program officer for the Connecticut Health Foundation, is overseeing a project to motivate the public to take a stronger interest in the racial and ethnic disparities in health care delivery. What caught my attention is the heavy focus on using social media to complement offline efforts. Read the rest of this entry »
- Strong and content, I travel the open road. - Walt Whitman
- Open Road Advisors specializes in helping hospitals, foundations, nonprofits and other organizations navigate the changing world of the Web. Let us put our more than 18 years of experience building major Web sites and delivering great content to work for you. Learn More.
Some Recent Clients
- Einstein Healthcare Network
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Connecticut Health Foundation
- Commonwealth Fund
- California HealthCare Foundation
- Follow the Open Road on Twitter (@lblumenthal)