Larry Blumenthal launched Open Road Advisors to help hospitals, foundations, nonprofits and other organizations navigate the ever-changing world of the Web. Open Road Advisors specializes in digital strategy, digital communications and digital content.
Our mission is to help organizations build digital properties that deliver value and get read. In addition to strategic work, we create and manage blogs, podcasts – any type of content that makes sense for your goals.
Here are some of Larry’s achievements over the years:
- Captured the history and mission of Einstein Healthcare Network with a website celebrating its 150th anniversary that won numerous awards for interactive storytelling
- Developed and launched an award-winning blog for Einstein Healthcare Network, creating a platform for the Network to tell its ongoing story
- Managed redesign of the MossRehab website and key sections of the Einstein website leading to a substantial boost in appointment requests.
- Boosted the national reputation of MossRehab by launching a range of products that included a monthly email and two podcasts aimed at physical medicine physicians and therapists around the country.
- Created a family of podcasts for Einstein and MossRehab, including A Resident’s Journey, which followed one doctor during the first three months of her residency
- Built ambitious health and science portal for the Philadelphia Inquirer, more than doubling traffic and revenue through launch of successful blogs and other multimedia content, strong social media push and partnerships with area health providers
- As a consultant, advised numerous organizations on digital communications and marketing strategy, including the Connecticut Health Foundation, the Commonwealth Fund, the California Healthcare Foundation and the University of Maryland School of Medicine
- As a consultant, managed an online community of scholars and fellows in health policy for the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- As a senior communications officer, delivered and executed a social media strategy that put the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation in the forefront of its field with use of Twitter, blogs, Facebook and other innovative tools.
- In the early days of the web, conceptualized and helped create a Webby-award-winning consumer health Web site (InteliHealth) for Johns Hopkins Hospital and Aetna.
Larry holds a master’s degree in journalism from Northwestern University and a bachelor’s degree in psychology from the University of Chicago. Born in Philadelphia, he now lives outside of the city with his wife, two sons and two rescued golden retrievers.
You can reach us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone at 215-431-7067 or by using the form below.