Archive for November, 2009
Was interviewed yesterday by Brad Rourke of Mannakee Circle Group in Rockville, Md. for his Public Life Today podcast. We had an interesting discussion about the reluctance of some foundations to wade into the world of social media. You can listen on Brad’s blog. In Brad’s words, Mannakee Circle “helps organizations engage better with the public.”
A few months back, I began a workshop for staff from a variety of foundations by asking them to shout out all of their whiny, cry-baby excuses for not getting involved in social media. The excuses flew at me fast and furious, like so many tranquilizer darts. I don’t have time. It’s too much work. We don’t have the resources. Can’t figure out the return on investment. Senior staff don’t see the value. We’re afraid of losing control. What if people criticize us? My shoes are too tight.
I had about forty-five minutes to convince these people that social media is more than relevant to philanthropy. That it is core to our future. I blogged about the arguments I made for the Philanthropy News Digest. Please take a look.
You are currently browsing the archives for November, 2009
- Strong and content, I travel the open road. - Walt Whitman
- Open Road Advisors specializes in helping hospitals, foundations, nonprofits and other organizations navigate the changing world of the Web. Let us put our more than 18 years of experience building major Web sites and delivering great content to work for you. Learn More.
Some Recent Clients
- Einstein Healthcare Network
- Robert Wood Johnson Foundation
- Connecticut Health Foundation
- Commonwealth Fund
- California HealthCare Foundation
- How to Write Email Newsletters People Open & Act On contentmarketinginstitute.com/2017/06/how-wr… via @cmicontent 1 day ago
- Great primer: How to Write Catchy Headlines Your Readers Can't Resist blog.hubspot.com/marketing/a-si… via @hubspot @Corey_bos 6 days ago
- Good stuff: The Anatomy of a Perfect Blog Post blog.hubspot.com/marketing/anat… via @hubspot @soph_bern 3 weeks ago
- 17 Ways to Get More Views, Engagement, and Shares for Your Facebook Videos blog.bufferapp.com/facebook-video via @buffer 3 weeks ago
- Love the @Cerosdotcom blog. Consistently compelling content. How J.J. Abrams Reinvented the Written Word with 'S.' bit.ly/2r4vUgI 1 month ago
- Follow the Open Road on Twitter (@lblumenthal)